General Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of the Life in the UK Test’s ('Life in the UK Group’s) eLearning Course' (including any on-line Courses, training material and tutorials) (‘the Online Course’) within the UK and internationally is provided by the Life in the UK Group (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) on the following Terms and Conditions.
By using the Online Course you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Online Course. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions.
01. Use of the Online Course
- You agree to use the Online Course only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Online Course or any part of it for commercial purposes.
- You must only use the Online Course in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Life in the UK Group’s Online Courses.
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of Online Course to our users. If we believe you are using excessive bandwidth or your use of the Online Course is adversely affecting our network (or any part of it) or our other users we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course. This may include temporarily suspending your user account.
- The Life in the UK Group reserves the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Online Course will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Online Course.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Online Course then the latter shall prevail.
- To register on this website you must be eighteen years of age.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If the Life in the UK Group has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- The Life in the UK Group reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our Online Courses in any way.
04. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on our website and our Online Course including all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through the Online Course shall remain vested in Life in the UK Group.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise share the Life in the UK Group’s content in any way. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Life in the UK Group’s content. Any other use of the Life in the UK Group’s content requires the prior written permission of the Life in the UK Group.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Life in the UK Group’s or third parties and their products and Online Courses are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Life in the UK Group and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Life in the UK Group or any other third party.
- The various extracts from the book “Life in the United Kingdom, A Journey to Citizenship” are protected by Crown Copyright but are reproduced on our website with permission.
05. Availability of the Online Course
- Although we aim to offer you the best Online Course possible, we make no promise that the Online Courses available by the Life in the UK Group will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Online Course will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Online Course you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Online Course may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or Online Courses. We will attempt to restore the Online Course as soon as we reasonably can.
06. Life in the UK Group’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you must stop using the Online Course.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Online Course shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
07. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- All content provided on or through the online course, including the information, name, image, picture, logos and icons regarding or relating to the life in the UK group, its products and online course (or to third party products and online course), is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted by law, Life in the UK group excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The Life in the UK Group does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the online course or any of its content while we try to ensure that all content provided by Life in the UK Group is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Life in the UK group for any errors, omission or inaccurate content on the online course.
Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the Life in the UK Group’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence.
Subject to the previous sentence, neither Life in the UK Group nor any of its officers or employees shall be liable for any of the following losses or damages (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
(a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity or anticipated savings; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; Or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the online course regardless of the form of action.
Life in the UK Group does not warrant that functions available on or through the online course will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the online course or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
08. Applicable law
- These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently.
09. International use
- We make no promise that materials available on or through the Online Course are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Online Course from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Online Course from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and the Life in the UK Group chooses to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- The Life in the UK Group shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Online Course is owned and operated by Life in the UK Group the address is: 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, England, BN26 6EA
- If you have any queries please contact: email@example.com
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training supplied to you through the Life in the UK Group website (the “Online Course, Online Course(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
- Your order is an offer to purchase an Online Course from us, which will be made available to you once your payment has been authorised. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make an authorised payment for the Online Course. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course to you without giving any reason.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by the Life in the UK Group. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party, PayPal Inc and HSBC Bank. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- Within 48 hours of purchase (during the working week), a confirmation email will be sent to the customer acknowledging payment and successful enrolment in the Course.
- Learners will be required to create a username and password for logging into the site and accessing the Course content.
- It is possible to pause your Course or take a holiday midway through your Course.
- We reserve the right to withdraw all or part of the website at any time.
3. Using the Online Course
- Please read the description for the Online Course carefully before placing your order as refunds cannot be given (see section 7 below).
- Life in the UK Group warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and the Life in the UK Group does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course.
- Life in the UK Group is continually seeking to improve the Online Course. Life in the UK Group reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course, provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- In the event that Life in the UK Group withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course, a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the Course that remains undelivered.
4. Posting of content
- Some Online Courses allow you to post content to the Life in the UK Group website including asking questions about the Course.
- All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course. If we believe your use of an Online Course is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of an Online Course is adversely affecting the provision of the Online Course (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the Online Course, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course.
6. No commercial use
- Subject to clause 4.2, all Online Courses are available for non-commercial use only. Life in the UK Group reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course in any format without the prior written consent of the Life in the UK Group.
- Subject to paying the applicable fees, Training Providers and other teaching organisations are permitted to deliver the Online Courses to their named students.
7. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for downloadable digital items.
- Cancellation and refunds are only possible if the Life in the UK Group ceases to offer the Online Courses as described on the website. Once you access the Course then the fee becomes non-refundable. If dissatisfied with the Online Course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your access to the Online Course may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Course or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Course at any time.
- In these terms “Life in the UK Group”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Life in the UK Group, address is at:
49 Station Road
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com